Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Journey of my avatars

as a toddler, I trial my walking skills

trotting on  pebbles, brisk as I glide

confidently I hop over bigger rocks

I am christened as  Stream.


 my walk graduates to a run,

I go over rocks whizz in full force in open spaces

I feel like there’s no stopping me

until a bigger and widening mass appears before me


I am now a teenager restless to venture beyond experiment 

minus the limits or barriers

I have turned a river.


I keep racing, ending up in an estuary,

the air turns pungent and ground brackish,

If I chose to cease my journey here,

I would be named lagoon


A part of me breaks away and takes a different turn,

I am present in both,

and in here I max-slide a hill

Letting out the loudest glee as I cascade down with the rest

As a spray of my whole being circulates in the air

My name now is waterfall


But, another part of me choose to keep racing

I arrive to what seem like a noisier galaxy

I feel like I have conquered the universe,

as I stare at the wider mass,


trying to fathom where does it end,

I am now ocean,

I dance like a ballerina

Land on the still foliage

lying until the creatures come by

moisten the flora,

give them the morning wake up call

My name is dew drops

 

I fall in a drizzle, to refresh and nourish a thirsty earth

frogs dance on lotus leaves welcoming me with a croaking melody

earth welcomes me with 

all its creatures relieved at the sudden revival

I am raindrops.


Dark swollen clouds spit me out to earth

I crash down with force, with all my might

snarling, swirling, thrashing in extreme rage

none are spared,

I wash them away from  their habitats,

homeless beings, now hopeless

I am no more a lazy droplet, but rainstorm


I toss and churn, surf high

Sieve and detoxify the ocean bed, 

make healthier breeding nurseries for marine life

I feel energetic, powerful as I am

pulled and pushed by the mighty trio-sun, moon and earth

I am high tide waves.


I sit around being the cooling shield for the planet

Hardened, lying on mountains, lakes and anywhere that suits me,

accompanied by creatures who make their habitat wherever I am

White, Glistening under a weak ray of sunlight, but bold and hard

I am Glacier.


Crystalised I float in flakes, powder and dust,

Gracing the once green, brown landscape turning it white,

Turning some spots into  play areas, transforming into toys

Created, played, cleaned and shoveled by beings

My name is Snow


At first I lie still

but with the rising heat,

I spew, hiss and throw steam out of a whistling spout

At boiling point, I sail through a spout to complete the perfect brew

Boiled is prefixed to my name


with each changing form, my garb is different,

colourless at times, rebellious or still when it matters,

I am quiet, swift, gentle or electrifying,

my life cycle and journey is

endless, ceaseless and priceless


Water is my family name



No comments: